This Short Article looks at the Remote work Evolution. It generally discusses how Remote work has evolved over the Years . Plus the impact of Remote to Businesses.
Around the world, more people than ever are engaging in remote work. While the COVID-19 pandemic triggered a massive migration away from the traditional workplace. The evolution of remote work began long before. From the world’s first offices to the social and technological shifts that spawned a remote revolution.
Where Remote Work Started: A History of Telework
Before the days of Skype and Zoom calls. A NASA engineer by the name of Jack Nilles laid the foundation for modern remote working. This when he coined the term “telecommuting” in 1973. Long before modern remote working came into play at the turn of the millennium. A limited numbers of workers at IBM were working from home to test the effectiveness of telecommuting.
What started as a team of five remote workers. Rose to 2,000 by 1983, and call center staff who conducted all their work via the phone anyway. Now had the option of doing so from home.
What we’re all experiencing today?
- It is the Evolution of Remote work for the future
- It Is not a short-lived remote work experiment.
- It’s the next big phase of a workplace revolution
Going forward, we expect people will :
- Be less tethered to offices
- Work more flexible hours?
- Spend less time commuting and on business travel
- Depend less on company-provided hardware and instead embrace bring your own device (BYOD)
- Of course, any change comes with challenges
What Should Business Owners Expect on this Remote Work Evolution?
- Your Staff will require seamless support on demand, not according to a schedule
- Your company will need better cybersecurity as work-from-anywhere makes perimeters vanish
- If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that many companies can operate successfully. In fact, more productively and profitably – with a modern, remote workforce.
At Bobland.info We welcome this new era!
In The Future Expect to See Adaptable, Remote Workforces
Advances in computers gave people the ability to use portable computers (laptops), and they have increasingly done so, with the eventual evolution of the tablet and smartphone. Machines that once took up entire rooms now fit in your backpack, purse, or pocket.
Thanks to Wi-Fi, these devices can connect anywhere else in the world that also has internet access.
And then came “the cloud”. That great metaphorical storage hub for all your data. Allowing you to access and share documents, files, and software through cloud-based computing.
Through the Use of remote support work software like Teamviewer , Anydesk , VNC Connect , customized company remote work software and other Remote Desktop Software . Adaptable IT Support Staff should be able to offer seamless support to other Company Personnel efficiently.
This While the Other Departmental Staff carry out their work more efficiently in a deadline based manner. Without having to be confined in the office Environments. This while saving the Business owners in terms of energy bills and other expenses such as rent for larger office spaces, which could be reduced.